Wednesday 23 February 2011

Pakistan have won their first game without any fuss.

Kenya started with so much promise but they have imploded very quickly.
Umar Akmal: Early on we lost couple of quick wickets but later the batsmen had good partnerships. We were confident. The score was too much for the Kenyans. We have been enjoying Sri Lanka so far. I would like to thank the crowd for supporting us. There are lot of Pakistani fans and we hope that they will continue to support us. " 


Kamande: "We gave lot of extras. May be because the guys were trying too hard ... We are not performing at both areas. Today, I thought the bowling was 70%. I didnt bowl and let down the other three bowlers. We are playing Pakistan after a long time. It's a difficult situation for us. The batting .. I don't know .. we didn't go for the score. We will try to encourage the boys it doesn;t matter, go for the score." 

Shahid Afridi : We should be more positive in the batting. It was a slow track but we should have started more positively. You should take a chance after 5-6 overs to disturb the line other wise they will keep bowling on the same line if you don't take any chances. The next game, we will come harder. It was good to see Shoaib Akthar bowl really well." Asked about his own bowling, Afridi says with a smile, " I am a bowler first, then a batsman!" 

Umar Akmal is the Man of the Match: "I have played this kind of knock after a long time. I am happy that the seniors like Waqar, Afridi all backed me. I have practised hard and long and Shahid bhai told me if I continue to work like this runs will come. There is always pressure, so you can't take any additional pressure on yourself. I am enjoying my fielding, been training well. I will take this form in the upcoming games. Not only in the next game but in all games that Shahid bhai will offer me." 

Today's Match : South Africa vs West Indies
Can West Indies challenge South Africa ? - Score Card


World Cup 2011 Schedule

.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment